27 March 2012

Ultrasound

I first met you

across the sound waves of a foreign world. Through dark shadows

a pulsating beacon of light confirmed your small existence.

Flickering to a self-sustaining beat,

free and strong.

You were barley the length of a sesame seed.

Later, when searching for you in the hazy grayness you waved at me.

Tiny fingers bathed in white, grasping and fluttering.

How did you know it was me who was spying? I smiled and waved back.

At another time I found it no longer hard to find your glowing form on the screen.

More light than dark inside that world now.

I saw your face.

Your lips parted and your outlined tongue

slipped in and out. Like tasting the air or licking your lips, I'm not sure.

I am told when our worlds will meet. The separation of

time and darkness

will come to an end.

No longer will we wave at one another

through sound waves and computer screens, but we will finally touch.



You will see my face.

You will meet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment